Re: [Nmh-workers] GCC 8 pre-releases have escaped...

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] GCC 8 pre-releases have escaped...
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2018 18:37:20 +0000

Hi Paul,

> note that coverity is free for open source projects. it tends to find
> more and smaller things than are obviously fatal, but it does
> prioritize them. my friends in the freebsd project say that they run
> it once a week and chip away at the worst findings. MH could do the
> same.

That's one of the things I used in the past.
https://scan.coverity.com/projects/nmh  I had to stop because the code
they ship to package up the data to submit broke around `_Float128' when
I upgraded from gcc 7.1.1-4, glibc 2.25-7 to gcc 7.2.0-2, glibc 2.26-3.
I emailed them with full details, and heard nothing once they worked out
I wasn't a paying user.

I thought once the rest of the world caught up with Arch then they'd
have RHEL users complaining and fix it, assuming they missed the
opportunity to fix it in advance.  :-)

https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy