Re: [Nmh-workers] GCC 8 pre-releases have escaped...

From: Paul Vixie
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] GCC 8 pre-releases have escaped...
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2018 14:42:16 -0800

Ken Hornstein wrote:
When I wrote that comment, nothing in the format engine would ever
call free() on component names, so it wasn't a problem. scan() isn't
expecting anyone to free those buffers that it is malloc()ing.

i think that there's no way to be selectively uncaring. if we don't free everything we allocate, on the basis that we're a short lived program so who cares, then we're going to be a lot more prone to use after free and free twice bugs. the best policy is total cleanliness.

--
P Vixie