Re: [Nmh-workers] GCC 8 pre-releases have escaped...

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] GCC 8 pre-releases have escaped...
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2018 19:30:32 -0500

>> Yeah; I wrote that comment in 2012 (commit ef15ffef47), that free() was
>> added in 2014 (commit ff5eb06992e089).
>
>I'm not sure where that leaves us.  Remove %{getmymbox} until we come
>up with a better way to support it?  It wasn't in 1.6.

For 1.7.1, I suggest simply removing that free() call in fmt_scan.c that
is causing the problem; that lets us fix the SERIOUS memory leaks in scan.

For next major nmh release, we sit down and decide who owns what memory in
the format engine, support separate component tables sanely, and normalize
the buffer handling in scansbr.c.