Re: [Nmh-workers] What OS/Architecture Do You Run nmh On?

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] What OS/Architecture Do You Run nmh On?
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2018 10:09:07 -0500

>i'd like to provide the MH view via FUSE rather than files-on-disk.
>rather than using command line utilities to extract a mime part, i want
>to access it by ~/Mail/inbox/135/part1.exe or whatever.

I've already given my thoughts on this, but ... really, if someone wants
to do this, have at it!

But ...

>in that world, inc would speak Maildir format

Done!  inc has been able to grok Maildir format for ... over 6 years now.

>what seems to have been lost on the other historians here is that mark
>ignored MH when he made imap, and that bernstein ignored MH when he made
>Maildir -- and both are _better_ than MH for all modern purposes. MH is
>now an eddy pool of the e-mail river.

Weeelll ... I know you complained about Mark making messages numbers not
being able to have holes in them; I view UIDs as the compromise there.
But Bernstein ignored MH because he was not trying to invent a MAILBOX
format, he was trying to invent a mailDROP ... really, I went back and
looked.  Yes, I know people now use Maildir as a mailbox, and I think
that's weird, but it wasn't his intention.