Re: [Nmh-workers] What OS/Architecture Do You Run nmh On?

From: Paul Vixie
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] What OS/Architecture Do You Run nmh On?
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2018 12:56:46 -0800

Ken Hornstein wrote:
We've talked a lot about the subtle change to move MH to Maildir, and we
never quite work out all the wrinkles, and I'd sure like to that.

I hear people say this, and I have to wonder ... what's the goal here?

If the goal is to share your mailbox with another client (or maybe
IMAP server) that understands Maildir, okay, fine, I can get that.  But as
far as I can tell that's the only reason to do it.

that's the motivating benefit. the frosting on this cake is future-proofing. there will be new tools developed in the community that add functionality for Maildir archives. there will never be for MH.

--
P Vixie