Re: [Nmh-workers] What OS/Architecture Do You Run nmh On?

From: Andy Bradford
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] What OS/Architecture Do You Run nmh On?
Date: 14 Feb 2018 21:10:20 -0700

Thus said Ken Hornstein on Wed, 14 Feb 2018 14:22:56 -0500:

> If we scan  a Maildir folder, should  we be in charge  of moving stuff
> from new into cur? Maybe? Maybe not? You tell me!

Let's look at what qmail-pop3d does  when a client ``scans'' the list of
messages:

$ find new -type f| wc -l
       1
$ find cur -type f| wc -l
       1

So, I have one  message in Maildir/new and one in  Maildir/cur, and if I
login to my qmail-pop3d, run LIST,  nothing happens to the file on disk,
there remains one in Maildir/cur and one in Maildir/new.

+OK
LIST
+OK
1 559
2 563
.

However, as soon as I send QUIT  to my qmail-pop3d daemon, it moves that
message from Maildir/new to Maildir/cur:

$ find cur -type f| wc -l
       2
$ find new -type f| wc -l
       0

Does that mean that MH scan should do the same?

Andy
--
TAI64 timestamp: 400000005a850851