Re: [Nmh-workers] What OS/Architecture Do You Run nmh On?

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] What OS/Architecture Do You Run nmh On?
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2018 15:56:27 -0500

>As a longtime (and current)  qmail user, I'm interested in understanding
>this argument  more in detail;  e.g. where did you  go back and  look to
>support the claim that he was trying to invent a maildrop?
>
>>From http://cr.yp.to/qmail.html:

Well, this web page for one.

But .... I guess on further reflection, maybe my earlier statement
wasn't accurate.  In my mind a mail DROP is where an MTA drops off email
for some later program to pick up, not necessarily where mail is stored
for manipulation by a MUA, and a lot of the Maildir documentation is
talking about how there's a special delivery directory ("new").  But
since the idea is you move from "new" to "cur" and leave it in "cur"
AND there are some specifications for mail flags to be stored in the
filename, it's probably more accurate to say that it is a mailbox.