Re: [Nmh-workers] What OS/Architecture Do You Run nmh On?

From: Andy Bradford
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] What OS/Architecture Do You Run nmh On?
Date: 16 Feb 2018 14:49:41 -0700

Thus said Ken Hornstein on Thu, 15 Feb 2018 22:35:04 -0500:

> Well, you  can read the many  messages on this topic  from someone who
> will remain nameless, but who's name rhymes with "Maul Pixie".

In  the scenario  that he  who shall  remain nameless  presented, I  can
definitely see the need for it. In this case, nmh is running on the same
server where  the mail  is stored,  and it  would be  nice to  have both
command-line access with nmh and remote access with IMAP.

If one  wants to  access a  Maildir from  multiple locations  (e.g. IMAP
server, mutt, nmh,  whatever), then it would seem  worthwhile to discuss
Maildir support for nmh.

> (and while  our mailstore has  a number of  advantages, it also  has a
> number of disadvantages).

Is there a  documented pros/cons discussion of MH  mailstore vs Maildir.
They  do have  similar structures  in that  a Maildir  stores individual
messages in individual files. I've often wondered what I might gain from
switching to  Maildir (it's benefits  are clear with respect  to locking
and crash prevention).

Thanks,

Andy
--