Re: [Nmh-workers] What OS/Architecture Do You Run nmh On?

From: Andy Bradford
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] What OS/Architecture Do You Run nmh On?
Date: 16 Feb 2018 14:57:32 -0700

Thus said Ken Hornstein on Fri, 16 Feb 2018 10:44:06 -0500:

> Right, I was wondering if Dovecot  was cool with other Maildir clients
> modifying its store;  the answer is "yes". I was  also wondering if we
> do a "refile  +/path/to/dovecot/folder 42", should we  put the message
> in  "new" or  "cur"?  Since  it seems  (in  the  singular instance  of
> Dovecot) that "new" is for messages that are flagged as \Recent, and I
> don't  think  refiled messages  should  count  as \Recent,  then  that
> suggests that the message should go into cur.

I suppose that  depends on the meaning of the  word ``deliver'' and also
whether or  not the refile  command is moving  message 42 from  the same
filesystem, or crossing filesystem boundaries.  In the former case, it's
an  atomic operation,  but in  the latter  case, to  retain the  ``crash
proof'' nature of Maildir, it would seem that one should ``deliver'' the
message first into  Maildir/tmp, followed by an atomic  move into either
Maildir/new or Maildir/cur.

Andy
--
TAI64 timestamp: 400000005a8753f1