Re: [Nmh-workers] Blockers for 1.7.1.

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Blockers for 1.7.1.
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 12:45:59 +0000

Hi David,

> > I thought the test should change to handle no iconv, iconv, and
> > ice-age iconv
>
> As in, now it doesn't handle the no-iconv case?  I went that route in
> anticipation of removing support for that, with the benefit of not
> having to make the test more complicated.

Right, there's three cases.  No iconv, and modern iconv give the same
output AIUI, so a `check "$expected" "$actual"' is sufficient.  In the
ice-age iconv the expected is known, but different.  The grep partially
covers that, but it could instead just set up different content of
$expected.  And if the grep fails then the test fails, but the user,
Andy IIRC, is left a bit bemused, having to do work to tell us the
answer;  that's what a `sed -n l "$actual"' gave at one point.

But like I say, roll on 1.7.2.
`Your branch is ahead of 'origin/master' by 41 commits.'  :-)

https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy