Re: [nmh-workers] Unnecessary dependency on vi???

From: Andy Bradford
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] Unnecessary dependency on vi???
Date: 18 Mar 2018 18:31:59 -0600

Thus said Ken Hornstein on Sun, 18 Mar 2018 19:49:03 -0400:

> If you're a long-time  MH user, I admit that I  am surprised you never
> set anything in  your profile; it seems like the  default was prompter
> for a long  time (although, like I said earlier,  that depends on your
> specific site configuration;

I've been  using (N)MH since  2,000 and I think  this is the  first time
I've run into  prompter; though I must  admit that I used  Exmh a couple
years before I began investigating the command line tools, but as far as
I can remember,  I've never had to interface with  prompter. As you say,
perhaps this was  due to specific configuration of which  I was unaware,
but I've usually just used whatever the OS vendor shipped as defaults.

Andy
--
TAI64 timestamp: 400000005aaf0524