nrdo-list

Re: [nrdo-list] sql binary and image fields

From: Stuart Ballard
Subject: Re: [nrdo-list] sql binary and image fields
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 18:27:42 -0400

nrdo doesn't support anything like that natively right now. It should
be possible to add, but as you know I'm not in a position to commit to
much time on nrdo in the very near future.

As a workaround I'd suggest looking to see if the .net framework
contains any classes for encoding and decoding in Base64 - it probably
does - and then doing something like:

fields {
  string my_value_b64 varchar(150) notnull readwrite [the base64
encoded version of my value];
};

and then in the C# side of the partial class:

  public byte[] MyValue {
    get {return base64decode(MyValueB64);}
    set {MyValueB64 = base64encode(value);}
  }

That may not work if you're looking at a pre-existing field, though.
In that case, let me know and we'll try to come up with a strategy.

Stuart.