nss-mysql-users

Re: [Nss-mysql-users] NSS-MySQL and PAM-MySQL

From: Guillaume Morin
Subject: Re: [Nss-mysql-users] NSS-MySQL and PAM-MySQL
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 17:06:39 +0100

Dans un message du 07 fév à  9:55, Ben Sinclair écrivait :
> I removed PAM-MySQL and configured NSS-MySQL using the following:
>
> ./configure --sysconfdir=/etc --disable-static --enable-debug --disable-group
> -
> -disable-shadow

Is that 0.35 ?

> In nsswitch.conf I have:
>
> passwd:         compat mysql
> group:          compat
> shadow:         compat
>
> If I ssh in as a real user, it works fine.
>
> If I ssh as a MySQL user, it doesn't allow me to login. In auth.log I get:
>
> Feb  7 09:51:31 notes nss-mysql[1879]: _nss_mysql_read_conf_file: called for
> section users
> Feb  7 09:51:31 notes nss-mysql[1879]: _nss_mysql_read_conf_file ended for
> section users

Hmm, I am pretty sure that you should have more info in your log. You
should try to do a 'make clean' in your source repository and do a make.
Furtheremore, when you want to test your installation, you should use
id, it is very practical.

--
Guillaume Morin <address@hidden>

       Unwisely, Santa offered a teddy bear to James, unaware that he had
             been mauled by a grizzly earlier that year (T. Burton)