nss-mysql-users

[Nss-mysql-users] Connect failed?

From: Joshua Ginsberg
Subject: [Nss-mysql-users] Connect failed?
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 14:34:11 -0600

Howdy --

Using nss-mysql on Fedora Core 4. I've got my database populated and getent of passwd and shadow both suggest I've got my configuration correct. However, when vsftp using pam_unix tries to authenticate somebody who is logging ing, I get in my logs:

Jun 22 14:30:38 osprey nss-mysql[3923]: _nss_mysql_db_connect: connection failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (13) Jun 22 14:30:38 osprey nss-mysql[3923]: _nss_mysql_db_connect: connection failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (13)

But as I said, getent had no problem, netstat proves MySQL is listening and on that socket. I can log into the database using the username/password specified in /etc/nss-mysql.conf without issue.

Thoughts? Maybe an SELinux thing?

-jag

JPEG image

Joshua Ginsberg -- address@hidden