oath-toolkit-help

Re: [OATH-Toolkit-help] One Time Password in SLiM

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: [OATH-Toolkit-help] One Time Password in SLiM
Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 23:01:45 +0200

Christian Hesse <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello everybody,
>
> some more comments on this.
>
> Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> on Sat, 30 Apr 2011
> 09:05:41 +0200:
>> -11 means OATH_NO_SUCH_FILE, i.e., the usersfile could not be
>> found/opened.
>
> Would be nice to get human readable output here. I spent a lot of time
> searching for the problem, a simple "Could not read usersfile." would be of
> great help.

The next release will make you happy. :-)

I added oath_strerror and oath_strerror_name functions, the PAM module
will now print lines like this instead:

[pam_oath.c:pam_sm_authenticate(305)] authenticate rc -6 (OATH_INVALID_OTP: The
OTP is not valid) last otp Sun May  1 22:57:21 2011
[pam_oath.c:pam_sm_authenticate(305)] authenticate rc -8 (OATH_BAD_PASSWORD:
The password does not match) last otp Thu Jan  1 01:34:13 1970
[pam_oath.c:pam_sm_authenticate(305)] authenticate rc 0 (OATH_OK: Successful
return) last otp Sun May  1 22:57:21 2011

See commits at:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/oath-toolkit.git/commit/?id=fba5affe8873ed88b8d931594e9abbec742559b8
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/oath-toolkit.git/commit/?id=0971e08e9bcb226148da90c24e493473c1c89de0

You can run the self-test to print all error codes and descriptions if
you give it a parameter:

address@hidden:~/src/oath-toolkit master$ liboath/tests/tst_errors foo
Return code   3 name: (null)                    text: Liboath unknown error
Return code   2 name: (null)                    text: Liboath unknown error
Return code   1 name: (null)                    text: Liboath unknown error
Return code   0 name: OATH_OK                   text: Successful return
Return code  -1 name: OATH_CRYPTO_ERROR         text: Internal error in crypto
functions
Return code  -2 name: OATH_INVALID_DIGITS       text: Unsupported number of OTP
digits
Return code  -3 name: OATH_PRINTF_ERROR         text: Error from system printf
call
Return code  -4 name: OATH_INVALID_HEX          text: Hex string is invalid
Return code  -5 name: OATH_TOO_SMALL_BUFFER     text: The output buffer is too
small
Return code  -6 name: OATH_INVALID_OTP          text: The OTP is not valid
Return code  -7 name: OATH_REPLAYED_OTP         text: The OTP has been replayed
Return code  -8 name: OATH_BAD_PASSWORD         text: The password does not
match
Return code  -9 name: OATH_INVALID_COUNTER      text: The counter value is
corrupt
Return code -10 name: OATH_INVALID_TIMESTAMP    text: The timestamp is corrupt
Return code -11 name: OATH_NO_SUCH_FILE         text: The supplied filename
does not exist
Return code -12 name: OATH_UNKNOWN_USER         text: Cannot find information
about user
Return code -13 name: OATH_FILE_SEEK_ERROR      text: System error when seeking
in file
Return code -14 name: OATH_FILE_CREATE_ERROR    text: System error when
creating file
Return code -15 name: OATH_FILE_LOCK_ERROR      text: System error when locking
file
Return code -16 name: OATH_FILE_RENAME_ERROR    text: System error when
renaming file
Return code -17 name: OATH_FILE_UNLINK_ERROR    text: System error when
removing file
Return code -18 name: OATH_TIME_ERROR           text: System error for time
manipulation
Return code -19 name: (null)                    text: Liboath unknown error
Return code -20 name: (null)                    text: Liboath unknown error
Return code -21 name: (null)                    text: Liboath unknown error
address@hidden:~/src/oath-toolkit master$

/Simon