oath-toolkit-help

[OATH-Toolkit-help] Build problem on Mac OS X related to 'ar' and gl / l

From: Arno Hautala
Subject: [OATH-Toolkit-help] Build problem on Mac OS X related to 'ar' and gl / libgnu.a
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 23:11:56 -0400

I'm seeing build problems on Mac OS X going back to 1.8.1 which introduced gl.

I've attached a full build log, but the issue is that ar doesn't find
anything to archive:
>   AR     libgnu.a
> ar: no archive members specified

In searching, I found reference to a similar problem:
http://lists.apple.com/archives/unix-porting/2005/Jun/msg00023.html

With that suggestion, I was able to complete the build:
> ./configure
> make
> touch gl/libgnu.a
> make

The 'touch' seems a bit hacky, could this be worked around by omitting
the gl inclusion as appropriate?

Thanks for any help you can provide and let me know if there's any
additional information that I can submit.

--Arno

--
arno  s  hautala    /-|   address@hidden

pgp b2c9d448