oath-toolkit-help

Re: [OATH-Toolkit-help] compilation problem using liboath library

From: Ilkka Virta
Subject: Re: [OATH-Toolkit-help] compilation problem using liboath library
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 15:53:44 +0300

On 27.5.2013 1:19, Alan Markus wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to use the oath-toolkit lib to test totp but i am having a
problem when i try to compile my "test" program with the liboath
library. Sorry for asking this here but i am sutcked for the last 2 days.

here is the information:
Library is installed from oath-toolkit source, compilation and
installation without problems.
address@hidden:~/totp$ sudo ldconfig -v | grep liboath
liboath.so.0 -> liboath.so.0.1.3

My main.cpp "test" program:
#include <liboath/oath.h>

address@hidden:~/totp$ g++ main.cpp -loath -o teste
/tmp/ccXbve8u.o: In function `main':
main.cpp:(.text+0x45): undefined reference to `oath_init()'

Since that's a C program (instead of C++), you should use gcc to compile it instead of g++.

If you change to C++ at some point, and use a C library (like -loath), you have wrap the C declarations (or the header file) in extern "C" {}.
This should work:

extern "C" {
#include <liboath/oath.h>
}

You should find more information on this online (way more than I know..., see for example:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1041866/in-c-source-what-is-the-effect-of-extern-c

Ilkka Virta / itvirta at iki.fi