oath-toolkit-help

Re: [OATH-Toolkit-help] liboath

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: [OATH-Toolkit-help] liboath
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 13:17:41 +0200

Alan Markus <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Simon,
>
> sorry for sending this e-mail to you directly, but i am not sure if this
> mail reached maillist.

Hi.  Try subscribing to the list.  It shouldn't be necessary, as posts
should be manually approved for anti-spam, but the queue is empty now so
for some reason it was discarded anyway.  If you are subscribed, the
post goes directly to the list.

> I am trying to use the oath-toolkit lib to test totp but i am having a
> problem when i try to compile my "test" program with the liboath library.
> Sorry for asking this here but i am sutcked for the last 2 days.
>
> here is the information:
> Library is installed from oath-toolkit source, compilation and installation
> without problems.
> address@hidden:~/totp$ sudo ldconfig -v | grep liboath
> liboath.so.0 -> liboath.so.0.1.3
>
> My main.cpp "test" program:
>
> #include <stdio.h>
> #include <string.h>
> #include <time.h>
> #include <liboath/oath.h>

Liboath is a C library, and the oath.h header file doesn't contain the
C++ namespace guards so you have to replace the last line with:

extern "C" {
#include <liboath/oath.h>
}

I have fixed this in git now, thanks for reporting this.

/Simon