oath-toolkit-help

[OATH-Toolkit-help] PSKC file locking

From: David Woodhouse
Subject: [OATH-Toolkit-help] PSKC file locking
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 11:11:12 +0100

When using HOTP tokens (and OCRA with a counter), we really want to
atomically:

 - Load the contents of a PSKC file.
 - Generate a keycode and increment the counter in the pskc_key_t
 - Save the new counter value back to the file.

That way, multiple applications can be using keycodes without corrupting
the file or re-using the same code.

So we need to have a defined method of *locking* the file — either with
a separate lockfile, fcntl locking, or something.

Does anyone have any opinions on *what* that method should be?

--
dwmw2