oath-toolkit-help

[OATH-Toolkit-help] oath-toolkit patchs related to usersfile parsing & w

From: Maxime de Roucy
Subject: [OATH-Toolkit-help] oath-toolkit patchs related to usersfile parsing & writing
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 15:26:13 +0100

Hello,

I would like to submit some patchs I made for oath-toolkit.
I am not good in english so there may(/must) be some spelling in my comments.
If you have any question on those patchs don't hesitate to ask.

0001-usersfile-rewrite
======================
I rewrite liboath/usersfile.c to lock and modify usersfile inplace
instead of creating lock and temporary file.

This patch is related to the problems already described in previous mails and
bugs :
* pam-oath, private usersfiles (feature request)
* issue (bug?) in update_usersfile
* RFE: Configurable lock file location (for SELinux compatiblity) :
    https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?108723

I first did those patchs because I want to use pam_oath with postgres
(which doesn't run as root).
So I need the usersfile to have 660 permission, owner "root" and group
"oath" (postgres is a member of oath).

I take advantage of the code hacking to make some other changes (patchs 0002 &
0003).

0002-different-usersfile-field-5-if-HOTP-TOTP

As it is mansion in the userfile google specification, field 5 is different if
the line is related to HOTP or TOTP.
https://code.google.com/p/mod-authn-otp/wiki/UsersFile

Currently that's not the case. This patch correct this issue and use the 5th
field value to improve the TOTP replay verification.

0003-usersfile-fields-5-present-6-and-7-mandatory

This patch make the userfile 6th and 7th fields mandatory if the 5th field is
present.
That's simplified the code and make things more understandable (from my point
of view :) ).

--
Regards
Maxime de Roucy