oath-toolkit-help

[OATH-Toolkit-help] PATCH: pam_oath suid helper binary

From: Maxime de Roucy
Subject: [OATH-Toolkit-help] PATCH: pam_oath suid helper binary
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2016 22:17:26 +0200

Hello,

I would like to submit some patchs I made for oath-toolkit.
If you have any question on those patchs don't hesitate to ask.

# Patch 1:

I rewrite liboath/usersfile.c to lock and modify usersfile inplace
instead of creating lock and temporary file.

I first did thoses patchs because I want to use pam_oath with postgres
(which doesn't run as root).
So I need the usersfile to have 660 permission, owner "root" and group
"oath" (postgres is a member of oath).

I take advantage of the code hacking to make some other changes and
comment it.

# Patch 2 and 3:

Non-retrocompatible patchs.

They change a bit the format of the userfile.

Now it's like the following before the first login :
        HOTP/E/8        login     password    AES-key

After the first login :
        HOTP/E/8        login     password    AES-key  OATH-counter  last-otp
last-otp-timestamp

# Patch 4

Create the (suid root) `oath_usersfile` helper binary to access and
modify the usersfile (like pam_unix does for /etc/shadow).
That way even service without access to the usersfile can authenticate
user with pam_oath.

--
Thank you in advance and regards
Maxime de Roucy