octal-dev

[Octal-dev] OFFTOPIC (mika vainio)

From: Dave O'Toole
Subject: [Octal-dev] OFFTOPIC (mika vainio)
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 02:03:09 -0400

> Actually, Mika Vaionio makes all his music with analogue equipment.  You
> could call him "computer-phobic."  He and his partner in Pan Sonic both
> despise computers, and use all kindsa little gadgets to make their music
> instead.  Nothing digital.  Mostly test equipment and some old school
> drum machines, too.  808 for instance.  Its neat stuff.  They are old
> fogies, too.  45 or so I think.. old for being in the electronic music
> scene at least.  At least this is what Ive heard from reliable sources
> who have met the two Pan Sonic members.  Totally off topic, but its
> interesting to me and I like to think I contribute :)

Wow, that's an interesting tidbit! I have several of his albums now.

I spent a few hours working on a new song, and it finally "gelled"!!! I
can't wait to finish it now. It'll probably be ready in time for the NYC
show on the 10th of june, so if you can come this time to the show to
hear me play, I'll gladly treat ya to the new track.

Along with Antarktika (me!), there will be another Toshoklabs artist
(not sure which one) playing there, as well as Richard Devine of the
Schematic label. Has anyone heard his stuff? I haven't myself.

Well, now it's 3 AM and I'm putting on Biosphere's "Substrata" and going
to bed. Hoping for a productive day of coding tomorrow.

Good night.
--
@@@ david o'toole
@@@ address@hidden