octal-dev

re: key strokes

From: David O'Toole
Subject: re: key strokes
Date: Mon Jun 25 05:21:08 2001

Taking a little break from coding here to answer some emails !! ;-)

There are definitely going to be a lot of shortcut keys in Octal's user
interface---it's essential for the program becoming a fast working tool.
GTK+/Gnome programs have to deal with things in a weird way to capture
global keystrokes (especially arrow keys) so I'm not sure right now what
is the best way. I will probably end up bugging Havoc Pennington about it
(boy, the money I paid for his book has sure been worth it, he's
personally helped me find the answer to a couple bugs.)  :-)

Anyway please email me the files or patches against current CVS (that
automated tarball scheme is still in the works.) It might be a hack
like you said but it would be interesting to see what you did ( a nice
refresher too, mostly this week has been work on the internal engine and
not the GUI.)

-dave

--
@@@ david o'toole