[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Octave-bug-tracker] [bug #47340] wrong tab completion on folder names w
[Octave-bug-tracker] [bug #47340] wrong tab completion on folder names with spaces
Fri, 04 Mar 2016 23:05:50 +0000
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:44.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/44.0
Summary: wrong tab completion on folder names with spaces
Project: GNU Octave
Submitted by: hardy
Submitted on: Fri 04 Mar 2016 11:05:49 PM GMT
Severity: 3 - Normal
Priority: 5 - Normal
Item Group: Inaccurate Result
Assigned to: None
Discussion Lock: Any
Operating System: Any
Here is how to reproduce the behavior:
* start Octave
* navigate to a folder, that has a SUBfolder with a space in the folder name,
e.g. a subfolder "my dataset"
* type "cd my" into the command line and press the tab key for auto
* the auto-completed result in the command line will be "cd 'my dataset\".
Note that the quote sign at the end is missing.
* pressing the enter key now, will obviously result in an error message
So the auto completion of folder names does not work properly.
Note that the auto completion of FILE names does work properly. (This error on
folder names might be due to the trailing backslash that is appended to folder
This happens on Linux and Windows. It happens with Octave-4.0.1-rc3 as well as
with the 4.0.0 release.
Reply to this item at:
Message sent via/by Savannah
- [Octave-bug-tracker] [bug #47340] wrong tab completion on folder names with spaces,