Re: dlfcn.h not found

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: dlfcn.h not found
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 20:47:41 -0600

On  7-Nov-1996, address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:

: Bug report for Octave 1.90 configured for i586-unknown-linux
:
: "make" failed for lack of dlfcn.h.

: I guess this is a configuration problem.
: This is a workaround:
:
: diff -ru ../orig/Makeconf ./Makeconf
: --- ../orig/Makeconf    Wed Nov  6 20:26:19 1996
: +++ ./Makeconf  Wed Nov  6 20:26:26 1996
: @@ -55,7 +55,7 @@
:
:  # cc and associated flags.
:
: -DLFCN_INCFLAGS =
: +DLFCN_INCFLAGS = -I../dlfcn

I suppose this will work since the Linux libc does have dlopen(), and
the #defines and declarations are the same in the AIX compatibility
library and the Linux dlfcn.h file, but the real question is why is
dlfcn.h missing on your system?  On my linux system (a recent Debian
distribution) it is installed in /usr/include/dlfcn.h and it is part
of the ld.so package.

Can you find out why it is not installed on your system?

Thanks,