Re: Question

From: Chuck Robey
Subject: Re: Question
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 21:33:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 19 May 1998, John W. Eaton wrote:

> On 19-May-1998, Chuck Robey <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> | I've not dropped this.  I just found that if I add the qualifier
> | "string" to the variables like in line 198 above (and several after) it
> | no longer gets the SIGBUS.  I still am getting a SIGBUS at line 211,
> | which I modified:

Final resolution -- this problem involves limitations of the FreeBSD
linker, which are probably not going to be resolved soon.  Took 2 steps:
first, built with --disable-shared.  Also, patched the configuration
script so that it linked the executeable "-lreadline" because FreeBSD's
readline works ok, and that somewhat helps in limiting the final size of
the executeable (which, after stripping, is ~3.0 megs).

address@hidden         | communications topic, C programming, and Unix.
213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run Journey2 and picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (NetBSD).