LOADPATH doesn't listen to env. var. OCTAVE_PATH

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: LOADPATH doesn't listen to env. var. OCTAVE_PATH
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 00:56:19 -0600 (CST)

On 25-Mar-1999, David A. van Leeuwen <address@hidden> wrote:

| To: address@hidden
| Cc: address@hidden
| Subject: LOADPATH doesn't listen to env. var. OCTAVE_PATH
|
| Bug report for Octave 2.0.13.95 configured for alpha-unknown-linux-gnu

| -----------
|
| LOADPATH seems not to initialize to the environment variable OCTAVE_PATH.
|

| Repeat-By:
| ---------
|
| #!/usr/bin/tcsh
| setenv OCTAVE_PATH $HOME/octave//:
| echo LOADPATH | octave
|
| gives for me
|
| Octave, version 2.0.13.95 (alpha-unknown-linux-gnu).
| Copyright (C) 1996, 1997, 1998 John W. Eaton.
| This is free software with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
| For details, type `warranty'.
|
| LOADPATH = :/usr/local/share/octave/site-m//:
|
| $ cat /usr/share/octave/site/m/startup/octaverc
| ## System-wide startup file for Octave.
| ##
| ## This file should contain any commands that should be executed each
| ## time Octave starts for every user at this site.
|
| ## On a Debian GNU/Linux system, Octave also searches for local files and
| ## directories below /usr/local/share/octave/site-m/.  Please see the Octave
| ## documentation for other variables you might want to set here.
|
| LOADPATH = [ ":/usr/local/share/octave/site-m//", LOADPATH ];
|
| Fix:
| ---
|
| A workaround is to use ~/.octaverc, and set LOADPATH there.

I think the following patch should fix this problem.

Thanks,

jwe

Fri Mar 26 00:51:53 1999  John W. Eaton  <address@hidden>

        * defaults.cc (symbols_of_defaults): Initialize LOADPATH to
        Vload_path, not ":".

*** src/defaults.cc~    Fri Oct 23 23:32:25 1998
--- src/defaults.cc     Fri Mar 26 00:50:09 1999
***************
*** 421,427 ****
    DEFVAR (EXEC_PATH, Vexec_path, 0, exec_path,
      "colon separated list of directories to search for programs to run");

!   DEFVAR (LOADPATH, ":", 0, octave_loadpath,
      "colon separated list of directories to search for scripts.\n\
  The default value is \":\", which means to search the default list\n\
  of directories.  The default list of directories may be found in\n\
--- 421,427 ----
    DEFVAR (EXEC_PATH, Vexec_path, 0, exec_path,
      "colon separated list of directories to search for programs to run");

!   DEFVAR (LOADPATH, Vload_path, 0, octave_loadpath,