bleeding edge releases, anonymous CVS access to sources

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: bleeding edge releases, anonymous CVS access to sources
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 13:37:03 -0500 (CDT)

As some people have noticed, 2.1.15 had some problems.

I fixed some things (or so I though) and released 2.1.16 yesterday,
but there were still some ugly build problems, so now, 2.1.17 is the
current bleeding-edge release.  Except for a missing `#include <climits>'
in liboctave/oct-time.cc, it should compile on most systems (fingers
crossed).

Also, I think I have now fully recovered from the loss of our web/ftp
server last weekend, so the anonymous CVS archive is working again.
Check the download page on the Octave web site for details about how
to access it.  The anonymous CVS archive should be current within
about 5 minutes to anything checked in to the real Octave CVS archive,
so using anonymous CVS is the best way to stay on the sharpest point
of the bleeding edge, if that's where you want to be.