Newfile: autogen.sh

From: Geoff Jacobsen
Subject: Newfile: autogen.sh
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 16:11:05 +1300 (NZDT)

I noticed that there isnt an "autogen.sh" file for octave so I've made
one.  It includes what I had to do to get octave to compile from a
"maintainer-clean" distribution.

This has only been tested on Debian (Potato) GNU/Linux.

The file goes in the top directory, naturally.

-----------autogen.sh---------------
#! /bin/bash
# autogen.sh
# Run this to generate all the initial makefiles, etc.

# copied from the accelerated glx project

echo "calling autoconf and autoheader..."

(autoconf --version) < /dev/null > /dev/null 2>&1 || {
        echo
        echo "You must have autoconf installed to build Octave."
        echo "Download the appropriate package for your distribution,"
        echo "or get the source tarball at ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/";
        exit 1
}

(autoheader --version) < /dev/null > /dev/null 2>&1 || {
        echo
        echo "You must have autoheader installed to build Octave."
        echo "Download the appropriate package for your distribution,"
        echo "or get the source tarball at ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/";
        exit 1
}

for i in `find . -name configure.in -print`;do (
    cd `dirname $i`
    pwd
    autoconf
    autoheader