Re: Octave in CVS has busted configure

From: Dirk Eddelbuettel
Subject: Re: Octave in CVS has busted configure
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 20:55:02 -0400 (EDT)

  "John" == John W Eaton <address@hidden> writes:
  John> I think it makes more sense to keep them in a separate list so I
  John> applied the patch and checked it in to the CVS archive.

[ Sorry for the late reply. The machine with my list subscription had a disk
  crash.  As it lives 250km east, it took me a while to organise a (virtual)
  replacement and DNS update to catch the spooling mail.  Hope I'm still
  subscribed here... ]

Steven kindly told me that too, so I tried the CVS update on a fresh
directory.  The weird thing is that I now fail to compile Octave. It dies on
src/lex.cc (see below).

Thomas Walter runs essentially the same configuration (a current Debian
potato setup on i386), and it works for him.  I am out of ideas. We tried
modifying the c++ compiler options, but no change. Thomas and I have the same
version of flex and friends.

Does anybody else have an idea ?

Dirk

lex.l:1090: `switch_kw' undeclared (first use this function)
lex.l:1091: `unwind_protect_kw' undeclared (first use this function)
lex.l:1095: `gplot_kw' undeclared (first use this function)
lex.l:1100: `gsplot_kw' undeclared (first use this function)
lex.l:1105: `replot_kw' undeclared (first use this function)
lex.l:1110: `function_kw' undeclared (first use this function)
lex.l:1142: `magic_file_kw' undeclared (first use this function)
lex.l:1152: `magic_line_kw' undeclared (first use this function)
lex.l:1047: warning: unreachable code at beginning of switch statement
lex.l:1026: warning: unused variable `const int octave_kw'
lex.l:1024: warning: unused variable `int len'
lex.l:1169: warning: control reaches end of non-void function `is_keyword(const
string &)'

--
According to the latest figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless.