flex version

From: Lippert, Ross A.
Subject: flex version
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 17:10:31 -0400

In a recent build from the CVS I found otu I needed flex 2.5.4 or higher.
This is clear because of a test that goes on in octave/src/lex.l on some
macros:
FLEX_SCANNER
YY_FLEX_MAJOR_VERSION
YY_FLEX_MINOR_VERSION

I am not sure what config program sets these variables.

Anyhow, bottom line is I should not have to alerted of this in the
middle of the make, which currently I am.  I should be told of the
incorrect version during ./configure, right?

-r