Re: patch : [...] = leval(name, list)

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: patch : [...] = leval(name, list)
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 17:09:05 +0000

Etienne,

I would expect to see this function under the name "apply" in the file
ov-list.cc, and indeed, I have looked for it there.  But maybe that's
just my lisp/scheme programming coming back to haunt me.

Note that you can do the same in Matlab using the syntax:

        feval("name", list{:})

or just

        name(list{:})

if you happen to know the name in your function.  This is even more
flexible, though the syntax seems strange at first.  Unfortunately,
it will be a hard thing to implement.

Paul Kienzle
address@hidden