Re: ISO C++ and Octave

From: Mumit Khan
Subject: Re: ISO C++ and Octave
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 10:14:00 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, John W. Eaton wrote:

> OK, I picked up the most recent snapshot of gcc (as of yesterday,
> anyway) and built it, then started compiling Octave.  I'll fix the
> simple namespace qualifier problems, and I've fixed the mx-inlines
> problems by prefixing all those functions with mx_inline_ (which makes
> more sense anyway, as those are global names, and now it is easier to
> figure out where they might be defined).

Argh, I may have forgotten to mention that I do have a complete build of
2.1.33 with gcc-2.97-20010123. Whether it works or not is an issue I
haven't confronted yet, other than adding a few numbers together just
to check basic sanity and to use help to see the streambuf code at work.
dup/dup2 is disabled for now until the file_number() issue is sorted out.

Had to work around a few compiler bugs, and most of those come from
explicit template instantiations, so easy to find. Now the messy part
of figuring out how to merge new and old streams code and make it all
look ok. Something for the weekend.

Regards,
Mumit