Re: License/redistribution of Fortran source from Netlib ??

From: Brian Gough
Subject: Re: License/redistribution of Fortran source from Netlib ??
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 08:53:56 +0100 (BST)

Robert Dodier writes:
 > I see that some part of Octave is based on source code
 > from Netlib (and doubtless other archives as well).
 > For example, the quadpack source code seems to be
 > redistributed verbatim.
 >
 > Can someone associated with Octave tell me what they
 > know about licensing Netlib or other archive source code?

The SLATEC library is public domain (see the file slatec/guide on
netlib).  It contains several other packages, e.g.  quadpack, fftpack,
minpack, miscfun, eispack, and others.  I believe these packages had
to be public domain for them to be accepted in SLATEC.

regards
Brian Gough
(not an octave maintainer)