CXX_ISO_COMPLIANT_LIBRARY

From: Jacek M. Holeczek
Subject: CXX_ISO_COMPLIANT_LIBRARY
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 16:36:04 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,
While looking at the development version of octave (2.1.34) I noticed that
I miss different complex functions (real, imag, abs, arg, ... - mostly
from oct-cmplx.h).
Tie problem is that the configure on my system (RedHat Linux 6.1/i386 with
it's default egcs-2.91.66 / egcs-1.1.2) does not define the symbol named
"CXX_ISO_COMPLIANT_LIBRARY".
The test for "octave_cv_cxx_iso_compliant_library", as present in the
configure script, checks some other features of the library, and NOT the
complex functions. Unfortunately you seem to assume that if some special
ISO features do not work, also complex numbers are not working.
This is NOT the case. The standard library DOES provide complex functions.
Could you, please, fix it (maybe "mostly" remove the check for the
CXX_ISO_COMPLIANT_LIBRARY in oct-cmplx.h, or add another symbol, something
like "COMPLEX_COMPLIANT_LIBRARY", with appropriate check in the configure
script).
Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Jacek.