Re: Cell array changes for Octave

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Cell array changes for Octave
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 11:09:19 -0500

On  7-May-2002, A Scottedward Hodel <address@hidden> wrote:

| lists are used in my octave "legacy" code.  Sure, I could rewrite it, but
| backward compatibility would be a nice feature to keep, if at all possible.

I agree that breaking backward compatibility is not the best thing,
but I'd also prefer to avoid having a lot of redundant code in Octave
that is there just to support some old way of doing things.

In this particular case, I think all the list functions (list, nth,
append, reverse, and splice) can be rewritten as M-files that use
cell arrays.