Re: Building Octave with Intel C++/F9x

From: Giuseppe Ragusa
Subject: Re: Building Octave with Intel C++/F9x
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 23:20:11 +0200

Hi,
I'd be more than happy to provide some benchmark results (I can compare the Red Hat provided package which was compiled using gcc/g77 2.96-RH) but keep in mind that the main reason for me was not performance: I needed ifc f90 support for some university project and so I had to recompile many libraries (lapack, blas etc.) because of binary modules incompatibility between g77 and ifc, so I had to recompile octave as well.

I don't know of any octave benchmark; if you can point me to some net resources about benchmarking octave I'll try getting some numbers out.

Bye,
        Giuseppe Ragusa