signal handling

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: signal handling
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 14:38:59 -0600

On  5-Nov-2002, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:

| I'm thinking about how to improve Octave's signal handling and error
| recovery.

I've made changes for this in CVS.  If you are interested in seeing
diffs, let me know.  Otherwise, update from CVS, give it a try, and
let me know if you notice any problems.  In particular, I'd like to
know if there are operations that can no longer be interrupted
reasonably quickly.  I've inserted a lot of calls to the OCTAVE_QUIT
macro that actually throws the exception that takes us back to the
top-level command loop, but it's hard to know exactly how many to use
and where they should go.  Mostly I've tried to insert them in loops
that could run for a long time.  I may have used too many in some
places and missed some others where it would be helpful.