Re: RFC: Using Standard C++ library components in Octave

From: JD Cole
Subject: Re: RFC: Using Standard C++ library components in Octave
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 00:35:56 -0800

John W. Eaton wrote:

On 17-Nov-2002, JD Cole <address@hidden> wrote:

| I have taken a | look at Andy Jocabson's octave-mpi modification (thanks JWE)...but would | like to take it a step further.

In what way?

I know that Andy's interface to MPI is fairly simple and limited, but
it is a start.  I'm thinking of integrating it almost as-is (because
it does seem to be useful) and then encouraging whoever is interested
to make a more complete interface to the MPI library, at which point
the type of interface that Andy contributed could probably be
rewritten as a collection of M-files.  I think there has been some
discussion about this kind of interface to MPI in the past, bt I've
never seen any working code -- my apologies if I missed it.

jwe

I have started integrating the octave-mpi code into the current latest CVS checkout, as of a few days ago as a learning tool, when I'm done I can send you the patches.

For the curious, here's a paper which describes bringing parallelism to the Matlab environment:
http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/menon97multimatlab.html

JD