Re: Patching Octave-MPI

From: JD Cole
Subject: Re: Patching Octave-MPI
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 07:52:28 -0800

Paul Kienzle wrote:

There are a variety of approaches to parallelism which have been done
in matlab m-files and mex-files.  E.g.,

        http://supertech.lcs.mit.edu/~cly/survey.html

I'm a little surprised that you would need to patch octave itself to
do the same.

Yes, it is quite possible that and octave wrapper API for MPI could be implemented via .oct files (I am currently looking at this solution), and thank you for the interesting Matlab links. My current effort is to bring Andy Jocabson's work (found at http://corto.icg.to.infn.it/andy/octave-mpi/) to the most recent version of octave. Not necessarily to integrate with the octave distribution, but to make it available to those who may want to use it. (This also gives me a chance to better understand the proper way to add functionality to octave in the future.)

Thanks,
 JD