Re: CVS Octave is now Pix-free

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: CVS Octave is now Pix-free
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 16:38:27 -0600

On  6-Dec-2002, Andy Adler <address@hidden> wrote:

| My only issue is that if we check in these changes now,
| then octave-forge will not build with any "released" version
| of octave.
|
| I suppose we could always refer people to the released octave
| forge packages - but I suspect we'll have many people
| writing to the octave mailing list with complaints.

The patches for the sparse package are fairly small and simple, so I
suppose we could go ahead and make the changes in octave-forge and
then include the reverse set of patches with octave-forge for a while,
so people will know what to do.  Or, since the changes are so simple,
I suppose we could put in some kind of #ifdef so that it would work in
either case.  I'm not sure exactly what to check for, but if you think
it is important enough, we could probably come up with something.