Re: Possible starting point for Octave Compiler?

From: JD Cole
Subject: Re: Possible starting point for Octave Compiler?
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2002 16:38:22 -0800

Randy Gober wrote:

I am not sure if this is the right place, but will surfing the net I came
across this.
A MATLAB Compiler for Parallel Computers
Michael J. Quinn, Oregon State University

http://cs.oregonstate.edu/~quinn/matlab.html

My excitement waned a little when I saw the abstracts dated 1998, but I
decided to post it any way.

--Randy

I've been thinking been toying around with an Octave compiler lately also. The nice part about developing such a tool for Octave is that we don't have to do steps 1 and two described in the above link, (here's one for GPL) because we have access to Octave source. We also don't need to develop a run-time library, for the same reason. Actually it would seem that right now we could have octave build simple, un-optimized, scripts if each octave value was given a print_c_code type function. (Of course its not that straight forward, but a substantial amount of the groundwork already exists.)

-JD