Re: An advanced QR-decomposition for sparse matrices in Octave or Octave

From: Andy Adler
Subject: Re: An advanced QR-decomposition for sparse matrices in Octave or Octave-Forge.
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 12:32:37 -0500 (EST)

It would be nice to add this functionality to the octave
sparse functions. It would be best if this is done in
a compatible way to the sparse that's already in octave-forge.

Take a look at octave-forge/main/sparse - If you have difficulty
with the code, then ask me.

Note: there has been some discussion of moving away from
SuperLU. I have no problem with this, because it is fairly
incomplete and I had to write lots of extra code (about 30% of
SuperLU).

If we switch, it should be a well though out decision.

Andy
--
Andy Adler,
Assistant Professor, School of Information Technology and Engineering,