Re: Creating a standalone executable

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Creating a standalone executable
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 13:17:15 -0600

On 18-Dec-2002, Paul Kienzle <address@hidden> wrote:

| Is there some way to force liboctave or liboctinterp to include all
| the symbols from libkpathsea.a that it needs so that you do not
| have to subsequently link against libkpathsea?  I thought it did this
| already.

No, it was just linked in to the final octave executable.

I've just made some changes to do what you suggest.  Now there is no
need for Octave to link with kpathsea, because all of the kpathsea
objects are now included in both the static and shared versions of
liboctave.  We'll see whether that change causes any trouble.
I still want to remove kpathsearch from Octave at some point, but that
will have to wait a while.