Re: Creating a standalone executable

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Creating a standalone executable
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 13:25:50 -0600

On 18-Dec-2002, JD Cole <address@hidden> wrote:

| This may be a C++ ignorant question, but, what was the motivation behind
| installing operators/types "manually" rather than having them
| instantiated in the type class?

Mixed-type operations, I think.

But I think it would still be possible to have them installed
automatically, using some static object -- the constructor of the
object would call the appropriate function for installing the
operators defined in the file where the static object appears.  The
constructor for the static object would be called automatically when
the object is loaded.  That only leaves the question of ensuring that
everything is initialized in the proper order (probably not too hard
to do, but would require some care).  But as Paul points out, maybe
you don't want to initialize all of this every time you use
liboctinterp?