Re: f(end) feature?

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: f(end) feature?
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 19:41:20 -0500

On Tue, Dec 31, 2002 at 04:31:48PM -0600, John W. Eaton wrote:

> Since we save and restore the global pointer with the unwind protect
> stack, it should work correctly for recursion to any depth.

So we pay for the feature even if we are not using it?  It's worth
it as far as I'm concerned, and perhaps even cheaper than doing
a call to a builtin function like length() or size().

The other option would be what? March up the parse tree when you
encounter an end in a subscript context and insert explicit save/restore
pointer commands for each identifier you encounter?

- Paul