Re: Octave 2.1.43 available for ftp

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Octave 2.1.43 available for ftp
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 10:37:56 -0600

On  5-Jan-2003, Andy Adler <address@hidden> wrote:

| I'm getting compile errors under cygwin for the following:
|
| $ tar xvfj octave-2.1.43.tar.bz2 ; cd octave-2.1.43 ; ./configure
| --enable-shared --enable-dl --enable-static=no
| --prefix=/usr/local/oct2.1.43-test ;
|
| [ compiles  ... ]

| g++: ../kpathsea/SHARED/*.o: No such file or directory
| make[2]: *** [liboctave.dll] Error 1
| make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/octave-2.1.43/liboctave'
| make[1]: *** [liboctave] Error 2
| make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/octave-2.1.43'

I made another mistake in generating the distribution tar file that
causes trouble for --enable-shared.  You need the attached files plus
a recent version of autoconf.  Then either unpack a fresh copy of the
distribution or remove any autom4te directories that you may have
generated and copy the files as follows:

  acx_blas.m4 -> top level of the octave source tree
  acx_lapack.m4 -> top level of the octave source tree
  mkpkgadd -> scripts subdirectory, make executable

then run

  ./autogen.sh
  configure ...
  make

and I think it should work.  These problems in creating the
distribution file are fixed in CVS now.