Re: variable(s) for signal numbers?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: variable(s) for signal numbers?
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 22:09:15 -0600

On 10-Jan-2003, Andy Adler <address@hidden> wrote:

| I think that the second form would be fine.
| Everyone who wants to use kill should be
| doing "help kill" first anyway.

OK, I decided to use a struct called SIG with fields like INT, HUP,
etc.  So you write SIG.HUP, which is not too bad, I suppose, and also
gives you an easy way to get the values for all of the available
signals.

| Additionally, you then would have the semantics to
| pull some 'perl'ish tricks and define virtual signals.
|
| I'm refering to $SIG{__WARN__} and $SIG{__DIE__},
| which refer to code doing the corresponding things.

I'm not sure how this would work.

I am also interested in being able to set up handlers for signals
inside Octave code, so you could have your own handlers.  But this
will require a bit more work, I think.