Re: dynamic loading in static exe

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: dynamic loading in static exe
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 12:02:08 -0500

On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 11:41:33AM -0500, Andy Adler wrote:
> My only question is: does this process work with the
> exact same *oct files as for --enable-shared?

Grrr.. Probably not.  Windows needs to know in advance which
file the symbol is coming from.

This may not be a big problem though if we only had one
octave for windows bundle rather than what we have now.  Is
it 3? 4? 5? different packages?  Could we decide to all work
together on a single distribution hosted at octave-forge?

- Paul