Re: progress on libstdc++.dll

From: Andy Adler
Subject: Re: progress on libstdc++.dll
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 21:12:06 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Paul Kienzle wrote:
> Paul Kienzle wrote:
>
> >I'm trying to make GNU Octave work well under cygwin.
> >
> This problem is taking too much time.  Unless the cygwin list can
> suggest something useful, I'm going to use with Andy's solution
> of bundling all the octave-forge compiled functions into octave.exe,
> but still allowing dynamic linking (which means adding
> the --disable-lite-kernel option back in, or otherwise hacking
> src/Makefile so that bundled DLD functions are static).

This approach makes a few changes to src/Makefile

1. Mods to compile everything in DLD-FUNCTIONS

2. Mods to link to extra libraries, eg SuperLU

Also, I create a "src/octave" that has symlinks to
all the appropriate *.h files. That way a function
with includes <octave/oct.h> will work.

The instructions for this are in octave-forge/INSTALL.WINDOWS ,
but in a wordy descriptive format. I wan't sure if this
could be expressed as a patch or if we would need to
write a little perl script to do it.

Andy